Welcome to my campaign website. I have been Sheriff of Monroe County, Illinois since December 2014. In 2018, I am running for re-election.
During the last 3 1/2 years, my department has accomplished a lot.
- Aggressively pursuing violent offenders and drug dealers
- Increased felony drug arrests 2,400% since 2014
- Created specialized unit, the ACE Unit, to combat drug crime
- Participated in drug awareness programs for Monroe County youth
- Operated the department under budget in 2015, 2016, and 2017
- Utilized grants for updating equipment and increased training
- Created Crime Tip Hotline and Website
- Conducted active shooter training for schools, churches, and businesses
- Joined Offender Watch so residents can track sex offenders living in their area
- Joined the DEA task force, generating additional revenue for the department.
My job as Sheriff includes serving on many boards and organizations.
- Member of Monroe County Drug Coalition and Monroe County 911 Board
- Supervisor of Monroe County Emergency Management
- Joined Attorney General’s Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Appointed to the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force, holding a federal security clearance level
- Member of the Illinois Sheriffs Association’s Training Committee
- Chairman of the Illinois Sheriffs Association’s Membership Committee
- Member of the Southern Illinois Law Enforcement Commission Executive Board and Assist Board
- Member of the Metropolitan Enforcement Group of Southwestern Illinois
- Serves on the Executive Board of the Major Case Squad of Greater St. Louis
In addition , I am also a proud member of the Monroe County Farm Bureau, NRA, NWTF and Ducks Unlimited
The election is November 6, 2018 and I ask for your vote to serve as Sheriff for another 4 years.
Monroe County Sheriff